Add UV sterilizer to tidal HOB

Wall

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
10
Location
Memphis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had canister filter that leaked on me right after ich breakout that killed my three fishes. I read and found HOB are easier option if there is no sump (I'm not planning on adding sump).

I'm content with HOB but will to add uv to it to remove parasites.

Can you share link of the UV you think will fit TIDAL 110 ?

Or

If you already have one please share the picture and link


TIA

Wall
 
I don't know much about UV sterilizers, but I think many are made to run "in-line" or run like a reactor (integral pumps pushes water through the sterilizer.) The former wont really work with the Tidal (maybe with some creative plumbing on the intake) and may of the later probably wont fit in the HOB. I have seen ones that fit in sump chambers for water to fall though, something like that could work but I don't know. Maybe some sort of passive UV sterilizer exists, but the nature of the UV makes that a potentially dangerous notion.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new