Added 8 Snails Into My Tank Questions

reeftankdude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
552
Reaction score
220
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added seven Trochus and one Nassarius snails into my 20 gallon tank. The Nassarius disappeared into the sand. The Trochuses hit the glass within minutes after being added to the tank. I keep the lights off, but there is a film on the glass that is starting to turn a light brown in color. I am certain the Trochus snails will take care of it, but what is the cause of this film. I use RO water, and only room light. My four Scarlet Hermits are all over the rock. However, what snails should I add to the tank that will roam the rocks for algae? Here is a YouTube video of my snails right after being added to the tank. Got an image of one Trochus snail enjoying a ride on the back of a Scarlet. Thanks all



friends.PNG
 
Tank still looks pretty new. Ur gonna wanna put maybe 4 or 5 small.sinking pellet foods in their for em.
I have Hikari Crab Cuisine for my Scarlet Hermits. What will the snails eat? Thinking about adding some Nori to a few clips.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new