added cuc members and was quickly reminded

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally added a batch of CUC's to my 80g cube. 5 bumble bee snails, 5 cerith snails, 5 red leg hermits, and 5 blue leg hermits.
Once I dropped them in, the snails went right to work looking for food. Although I have no algae, I hope there is "something" for them to eat. They started going all over the rocks and sand. all good there.

the hermits, they're a bunch a idiots. I was quickly reminded of that, since my first go round with my first tank.I dropped them in, and the smallest one of the bunch, maybe 1/4" went right to work. seemed like he was enjoying himself. as for the rest of them, they all thought they were in a gladiator arena and all started fighting one another. I highly doubt they were having a hug fest. I was playing referee there for awhile, but stopped. I realize I can't watch them all the time. there is no reason for them to fight. plenty of room to roam. go do your jobs and stop acting like a bunch of delinquents!! a few of them joined "Jr" and started on the rocks. but the others continue to battle. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

we'll see who lasts the longest. luckily they were all like $1.75-$2.00 each. not a ton of money at least

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don’t like hermit crabs but have a bunch of them. They are real dumb

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally added a batch of CUC's to my 80g cube. 5 bumble bee snails, 5 cerith snails, 5 red leg hermits, and 5 blue leg hermits.
Once I dropped them in, the snails went right to work looking for food. Although I have no algae, I hope there is "something" for them to eat. They started going all over the rocks and sand. all good there.

the hermits, they're a bunch a idiots. I was quickly reminded of that, since my first go round with my first tank.I dropped them in, and the smallest one of the bunch, maybe 1/4" went right to work. seemed like he was enjoying himself. as for the rest of them, they all thought they were in a gladiator arena and all started fighting one another. I highly doubt they were having a hug fest. I was playing referee there for awhile, but stopped. I realize I can't watch them all the time. there is no reason for them to fight. plenty of room to roam. go do your jobs and stop acting like a bunch of delinquents!! a few of them joined "Jr" and started on the rocks. but the others continue to battle. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

we'll see who lasts the longest. luckily they were all like $1.75-$2.00 each. not a ton of money at least
I like to look at approximate brain size before calling something dumb, well, the facts speak for thereselves, lol

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back