Adding a chiller

Calireefer92

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
648
Reaction score
189
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers looking to getting a chiller for my 200 gallon tank I’m been battling with my temp staying at 80f my question is how do I run a chiller into the sump what chamber do I put the pump in? And will it delay the water volume in my return chamber?
 
An owner at a LFS told me that I should pump the water after it has been filtered = not first chamber. But I run mine in the first sump chamber because of the limited space that I can put the chiller.

Tank is 1 year old still no issue.

Regarding the water volume, I do think that installing the chiller will surely increase overall space for water volume in your tank. (sorry if i misunderstand the question)

But if you refer to delaying in terms of allowing the water to flow around the sump area for it to be processed by all kinds of reactors and/or refugium. That depends a lot on where the inflow/out flow are located.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new