Adding a float switch to a PL-ADIN card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone thought about adding a float switch status to an ADIN card?

My idea here is if I could grab the status of the float switch in a Clarisea Roller on one of the Digital Input I could setup an unused dosing pump (virtual pump - doesn't physically exist). Then set the dosing pump to run if the input is high (or low).

This could effectively measure the amount of mat that the roller has used and has left (once you calibrate an appropriate dosing rate and container size).

Would it work? Or would it be better trying to grab the voltage from the motor cable? Either will be the same amount of on time.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can and it is an excellent idea. In this post I use a GHL power hub to create the signal but you can use a switch as "input" to the input card. Knit that signal to a virtual switch channel/outlet and this - in its turn - to a virtual doser, If I remember right - the dosers max is around 1000 ml. If you put in 1000 ml at speed 0 - it will be converted to 7200 ml if you change the speed to 3. But if you type direct into speed 3 - you can only type 1000 ml. But never the less - you can use a multiple in your head . If your pump give you 600 L/H (= 10 L/min -> 10 000 ml/min) just type in 1 000 ml and multiply in your head in order to get the right flow

Sincerely Lasse

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back