Adding a new apex while still using classic?

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into the possibility of adding a new apex while still using the classic. I don't have the time right now to reprogram everything to accommodate the new controller so I am wondering if I could just add the new controller without attaching cable with no issues. Thanks

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can run multiple Apex units if you like. Here are some tips:

1. Be sure to change the Hostname on your current Apex before connecting the new Apex to your network. The default hostname is "apex" which allows you to access its local dashboard at http://apex.local. However, if they both have the same name only one will respond. After changing the hostname you must reboot the Apex for the change to take effect.

2. Do not connect an AquaBus cable from the new Apex to any of your existing modules while they're still connected to the old Apex. Apex units cannot be connected together with AquaBus.

3. You will be able to access both Apex units in Fusion, but only one at a time. You cannot have a "shared" dashboard with tiles from both units.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can run multiple Apex units if you like. Here are some tips:

1. Be sure to change the Hostname on your current Apex before connecting the new Apex to your network. The default hostname is "apex" which allows you to access its local dashboard at http://apex.local. However, if they both have the same name only one will respond. After changing the hostname you must reboot the Apex for the change to take effect.

2. Do not connect an AquaBus cable from the new Apex to any of your existing modules while they're still connected to the old Apex. Apex units cannot be connected together with AquaBus.

3. You will be able to access both Apex units in Fusion, but only one at a time. You cannot have a "shared" dashboard with tiles from both units.
The classic isn't on apex fusion. I still use admin to log in on the apex @http://apex

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do plan to switch EB8's from the classic as I have time. I still do not like the look of the new apex. I really hoped they would go back to an all black model, but it isn't looking like it will happen.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back