Adding a new light (Fluval Flex AIO)

SparSandbar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
33
Reaction score
15
Location
PNW
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! I’ve had this spare Fluval Marine 3 for a while and I think I now want to add it to my Flex 32.5’s lid.

I’ve been slowly ramping up the settings on the one I have installed. My question is, when I add the second light, should I match the settings of the other one? Slowly ramping it up to match the 2nd one? Or cut the percentage in half and set both lights to that ?

Sorry if it’s dumb, just not sure how to handle it without wreaking havoc on the tank.
 
Matching the spectrum AND the current PAR would be ideal.

Your corals (assuming they are happy) do not want an upgrade.....so at most I would increase coverage, but keep everything else as "same" as possible. (Down the road you can increase PAR if you think it's a good idea, but I doubt you will need to.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new