adding a rock????

  • Thread starter Thread starter tgp4274
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tgp4274

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2013
Messages
652
Reaction score
357
Location
sandwich IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have a 6" clam on my sand bed and it's kinda starting to tip to the side.... was wondering if I cold put this rock in the tank like half buried in the sand and put the clam on top the it could attach itself to the rock if I ever have to move it..
I have excess of this rock laying around that's why wondering if I could use it
thanks guys!! :D
 

Attachments

  • rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 160
It would be best to make sure that this piece is reef-safe. Depending on the makeup of the rock it could possible leach something into your tank that is deadly to the livestock. You can also get a "shelf" piece of LR to put the clam on instead.
 
I have these in my kid's fresh water tank. the piece was in that tank but pulled cause it looked to cluttered......
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new