Adding a second APEX EL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been frustrated with my new APEX EL that I'm trying to add to my existing account. This would be my second wireless EL I'm adding to the account. I also have a older wired unit under this same account. I plug the new unit in and it fires up with a blue light like you would expect. I'm using my Iphone to run the Fusion app. Instructions indicate that I'll see the new unit in the list but I got nothing. How does this new unit get attached to the wireless network in my house via the password? These new units have no display to do the connection? Any help would be appreciated. And yes I searched the forum. If there is thread on this topic just point me in the right direction. Thankyou, Jerry.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Fusion app, first click the Apex List. That will show your current Apex in the list. But at the top left of that screen is the Link icon (looks like a chain link). Click that to add a new Apex, then follow the app instructions.

IMG_4BA046780046-1.jpeg

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been frustrated with my new APEX EL that I'm trying to add to my existing account. This would be my second wireless EL I'm adding to the account. I also have a older wired unit under this same account. I plug the new unit in and it fires up with a blue light like you would expect. I'm using my Iphone to run the Fusion app. Instructions indicate that I'll see the new unit in the list but I got nothing. How does this new unit get attached to the wireless network in my house via the password? These new units have no display to do the connection? Any help would be appreciated. And yes I searched the forum. If there is thread on this topic just point me in the right direction. Thankyou, Jerry.

Just curious, are you adding for redundancy or just to replace the wired version? I had considered getting a spare configured for when my original decides to take a nap.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, when I do that it asks for a token thats provided on the dashboard. Where is this dashboard on my new APEX. It does not come with a display.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, are you adding for redundancy or just to replace the wired version? I had considered getting a spare configured for when my original decides to take a nap.
My wired one has finally bit the dust. Its about 7 years old. So I bought a new one.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help. I updated the fusion app which seemed to resolve the problem.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back