Adding a Second Clown Possible or Asking for trouble?

Clown2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Am wondering How likely it is to work out adding a second clown either regular ocilaris or designer in with my existing clown. The existing clown has been in the tank since day one 8 months now. at the time I purchased two and the smaller of the two passed away in October I believe due flukes or infection. Have not added any fish or inverts to the tank since and the remaining clown and goby have been doing excellent.

The remaining clown had been hosted by my rose bta and since it split is hosted by all 4 rose bta. Tank is a 32.5 gallon flex and aside from the clown only a pink spotted watchman goby and a blood fire shrimp in the tank. Would it be possible to add a second or too risky will the existing clown try to defend its nems? Below is a pic from November to give an idea of size. Due to only being able to order fish online I would also have limited ability to get a fish larger or smaller than my current clown.

E9671170-0E57-42EE-89CB-5124894C9D39.jpeg

KevG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a fish of the same species. Try to find one that is a lot smaller than the one already in the tank. The new one will be male, the existing female if it is not already. They should pair up withing half an hour of introduction.

Back