adding a third powerbar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would like to add a third powerbar (5.1) to my profilux P3. I already have the first powerbar to the sockets S9-S14 and the second S15-S20 (S1-S8 are for 2 dosing units). I would like the new 5.1 to be S21 to S26. How do i proceed? I am afraid to loose my settings of the 2 first powerbar during the process.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Just connect the new PB5.1 to an existing 6D-PAB or PB5.1 PAB port or directly to the P3.

Once that is done, you can connect to your P3 via GCC and go to the SYSTEM settings page. Assign this new PB5.1, then the P3 will disconnect. Go back to the SYSTEM settings page and select the new PB5.1 from the list of assigned PAB-devices and click on CONFIGURATION. Set this device to start at 21, click OK.

You won't loose your settings doing the above. :)

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Just connect the new PB5.1 to an existing 6D-PAB or PB5.1 PAB port or directly to the P3.

Once that is done, you can connect to your P3 via GCC and go to the SYSTEM settings page. Assign this new PB5.1, then the P3 will disconnect. Go back to the SYSTEM settings page and select the new PB5.1 from the list of assigned PAB-devices and click on CONFIGURATION. Set this device to start at 21, click OK.

You won't loose your settings doing the above. :)
I go to system but i only see the profilux 3ex. i dont see :the 2 powerbars i already have (6D), the expansion box, the 2 dosers and the new 5.1 power bar i want to add...
i have GCC 5.11

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the option to go to program digital powerbar under socket fonction. When i do that i choose numbering but i just dont now witch powerbar i am programming...

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. You need to update your P3 to the newest firmware in order to use the PB5.1.

2. Download the latest version of GCC and follow the steps in this video:

3. Use the new version of GCC and you will then see the option to assign devices in the SYSTEM settings page.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to system but i only see the profilux 3ex. i dont see :the 2 powerbars i already have (6D), the expansion box, the 2 dosers and the new 5.1 power bar i want to add...
i have GCC 5.11

Unless the GCC has changed, I don't think you will see your Digital powerbars on the System page. From memory, that will only display PAB devices and expansion cards that are plugged into your profilux.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NON-PAB digital powerbars are not listed in the PAB-device list on the SYSTEM settings page.

Since you are trying to add a PB5.1 (a PAB-device), you will see the option to assign the device when you go to the SYSTEM settings page and click on ASSIGN DEVICES. Steps for adding a PAB-device can be seen here:

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry again. i am searching for the latest firmware 5.15 on support section of the website and can t find it. i see the manual but notthe firmware. if i understant i have to dowload it to my computer before?

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0994.PNG

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read on the ghl forum that i cannot update from firmware 5.11 to the latest firmware without doing multiple upgrades is that right? If it was only that i wound mind but i am afraid fo loosing my settings during that process.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read on the ghl forum that i cannot update from firmware 5.11 to the latest firmware without doing multiple upgrades is that right? If it was only that i wound mind but i am afraid fo loosing my settings during that process.

Always make a backup!

I've seen situations where that was needed but 5.11 to latest is a big jump. Maybe at least 6.0 and onward @Marco@GHLUSA @Vinny@GHLUSA ?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Download the latest version of GCC and install it to your computer.

2. Open ProfiLux Control and begin the update steps.

3. When asked to locate the the firmware file to load, navigate to the GHL Control Center folder and select the newest P3 firmware, 6.29. You can find this file located under the firmware folder.

4. Complete the firmware update and restart your P3. It will load with the newest firmware.

Given the large jump in firmware and changes made to the controller, I would not expect much of your data to transfer over. It would be best to write down all your settings and check to see that it is all there after the update.

Saving your current settings to a file at this point will not be of much help because of the significant changes made to the P3.

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing that, will i have to reassign all the Pab? like my 2 powerbars 6h, 2 dosers, expansion box?
Thanks for your help guys, it is appreciated.

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry again but i am not able to the package on the website. could it be google chrome or windows xp the problem?

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my last post, i purchased a new computer and now have windows 10 so i am ready to do my firmware update. The problem i have right now is that i can t connect via USB. The driver didn t install when usb connected so i have done it manually via the file dpinstx64 in the GHLcontrolcenter V1099. now when i try to connect via usb it says that my firmware is too old so i tried with version 5.1.7.2 but didn t work.

My firmware is 5.11 on profilux 3ex (i know, it is old)
thanks for your help

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back