adding a third powerbar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the quick reply. Since my last update was in 2011 i dont remenber how i have done it. Could you show me how to install it? where could i find it?

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another problem, now i am connected with usb profilux control 5.1.7.2. it is the more recent version i can connect because i tried with version 6 and it say my firmware version is too old. With that i tried firmware 6.28 and 6.29 and it failed, error 8 it says. What should i do? would it be easier to do it one upgrade at a time starting with the oldest firmware version? if yes, where can i find those files? Thansk again for your support!

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also just realize that on the screen of the profilux it was asking download yes or no. I clicked no since there was a message of error during the installation.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to confirm the firmware install on the device by selecting YES before you proceed any further with a P3 firmware update.

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading a lot about the firmware updates and the huge step i have to do i am getting nervous. If it fails i have no safety nets. I am considering buying a profilux 4.

a couple of questions about it, is it compatible with all the previous profilux gears? Like the old powerbars, the expansion box etc.?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to get nervous. :)

You're going to use ProfiLux control to do the update and bring the P3 to FW 6.29. Once that's complete, you connect with GHL Control Center. The update process will be no different from the way it is done through ProfiLux Control. No safety nets? Take a look at the emergency update steps for the P3 controller, that's your "safety net". We have this alternative update option available in case the normal update doesn't go well.

Just follow the steps in the link I provided earlier.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering buying a profilux 4.

a couple of questions about it, is it compatible with all the previous profilux gears? Like the old powerbars, the expansion box etc.?

95% of our products will be compatible; expansion box 1, Gen 1 dosers, Powerbar 6D, any previously used 1-10v devices, etc. The only products that are not compatible are ones that require an RS232 connection, LAN expansion card.

OP
OP
D

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the update this morning, still have have the error 8 flasherase. As a reminder i have profilux ex , tried with profilux control 5.7.2, firmware 6.29. connected via usb-usb cable. Might that be the cable the problem ?? should i get a rs232 converter?

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the update this morning, still have have the error 8 flasherase. As a reminder i have profilux ex , tried with profilux control 5.7.2, firmware 6.29. connected via usb-usb cable. Might that be the cable the problem ?? should i get a rs232 converter?

I remember ages ago, maybe on the PII, that you needed the serial cable rs232 to do certain updates.

It can’t hurt to get the usb to serial converter if you already have a serial cable. Make sure you get one which has a clear link to the Driver download or even a cd (old school I know) with the driver software.

That was always the pain for me...having the cables and never being able to find the driver software when I got a new laptop!!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 8.3%
Back