Adding Acros To Tank....Best to Add Multiple Pieces at once?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I've never had my blues set all the way to 100% because others I messaged before trying the acros have advised me that it would be too strong. Maybe I should turn them up though.

Get a PAR meter and check your light on your tank. The previous info/advice you got "I run my blues at 100%" is absolutely worthless to you. Unless maybe it's the exact light on the exact tank, same mounting height, etc.

SPS are difficult enough. SPS in a nano can be even more difficult. Set yourself up for success. Rent/borrow a PAR meter and eliminate lights as a potential issue.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a PAR meter and check your light on your tank. The previous info/advice you got "I run my blues at 100%" is absolutely worthless to you. Unless maybe it's the exact light on the exact tank, same mounting height, etc.

SPS are difficult enough. SPS in a nano can be even more difficult. Set yourself up for success. Rent/borrow a PAR meter and eliminate lights as a potential issue.
I'll try to find one for rent (I've actually tried previously) but they're pretty hard to come by here since there aren't nearly as many hobbyists.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to find one for rent (I've actually tried previously) but they're pretty hard to come by here since there aren't nearly as many hobbyists.

The BRS rental is always an option. You buy a "water tested, open box" one at a slight discount. Then, as long as you return it within 60 days, they refund you the full amount less the rental fee... which I think is about $60.

ETA- It's now a $100 "restocking fee". Still worth it.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill look into that but last time I looked at their site they weren't even offering direct shipment of products bought and paid for to other countries. Honestly, I think the fact that a lot of the pieces here are either maricultured or wild collected plays a big part in my issue.
The BRS rental is always an option. You buy a "water tested, open box" one at a slight discount. Then, as long as you return it within 60 days, they refund you the full amount less the rental fee... which I think is about $60.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill look into that but last time I looked at their site they weren't even offering direct shipment of products bought and paid for to other countries. Honestly, I think the fact that a lot of the pieces here are either maricultured or wild collected plays a big part in my issue.

Ah. Yeah. The international thing makes it tough. :(

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Out of the 3 I've tried 1 or 2 we're almost certainly maricultured or wild collected which I know makes things much more difficult but there's not a lot of access to aquacultured SPS here...the Strawberry Shortcake however was well encrusted over the plug already so it was almost certainly in captivity for a while.
Strawberry Shortcake is one of the trickier ones from my research... It tends to require heavy flow and high PAR. The flow required might be difficult to achieve in a 10 gallon.

Please understand, I'm no expert just speaking from my research on that particular frag.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Which is why I stated the size tank I run them on and mentioned that it is not good information for his tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back