Adding another dwarf Angel

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Coral Beauty that is kind of an anus. Bullies some of the smaller fish, nothing terrible, but definitely shows aggression to my juvi Heni and Royal Gramma. I have a 125g aquarium with enough LR to have their spots. I wanted to add Flagfin Angel, but I am a bit nervous about that CB killing it. I previously had Red Strip and Flame, they were fine, with some aggression when they ran into each other, but I am not a fan of unnecessary stress in the tank.

OP
OP
P

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk ur budget but if ur gonna go w that species check out the gold flake angel. Captive bred now as well.
Beautiful fish, I can afford it, but honestly, I have a hard time justifying paying that much for a fish considering how much can go wrong with it.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish, I can afford it, but honestly, I have a hard time justifying paying that much for a fish considering how much can go wrong with it.
And about 1/5 of easiness when it comes to QT

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If u get it sourced captive bred, u could just put it in for some observation and help it settle. If things develop treat it cooper prazi etc Also some full Qt vendors out there.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a Goldflake, your best bet is sourcing a CB one when Biota has them. DO ask them to send you photos and videos of the specimens, because Bali Aquarich passes off Flagfin x Goldflake hybrids as pure Goldflake Angels. And I don’t like the hybrid at all, it looks like an awkward compromise between the two species. Your best bet is to find one that looks like this (picture attached):

46C18E49-F384-4FDA-9720-A92C39D497E1.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

Back