Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am battling Dino, I Got a microscope and will identify which one tonight
But to beat Dino you need To out-compete it or replace it with something else,
What can I do to add biodiversity
Bacteria in a bottle, I'm already dosing Microbactera 7, any others?
Adding sand and rock Box from Tampa Bay Saltwater, 3 pounds nano premium live rock, and 9 pounds live sand ships to your door
Just grasping at strays before I consider going nuclear with an algaecide

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dallas has some really good fish stores. Go to the oldest ones, dallas north, boutique, I can't remember the rest and try to buy a rock out of their salt water tanks.
They used to sell "cycled" water back in the day, if all you want is biodiversity just ask them to sell you a bag of water out of their oldest system.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've seen, if you do an infusion of live material while the dino bloom is at full strength, it's fairly low effectiveness.
People who beat the dinos back to where they are a small population first, then add live sand/rock etc - usually have better results.

SpursFan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dallas has some really good fish stores. Go to the oldest ones, dallas north, boutique, I can't remember the rest and try to buy a rock out of their salt water tanks.
They used to sell "cycled" water back in the day, if all you want is biodiversity just ask them to sell you a bag of water out of their oldest system.
The stuff you want does not live in the water column anyone selling cycled water should not be in business..

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you take your current system untouched, and add those new substrates, they take in that extra mass into their surface area then you're trying to fight cells that have more hiding spaces

if you're serious about winning you'd run a rip clean first, as it sits now, to be mass-free as a skip cycle cleaning run. then in the clean condition, consider your dino reinforcements. starting in the dirty condition vs the clean condition matters greatly, you're giving those new surfaces ten billion more cells to fight by starting from the dirty condition, those items aren't supposed to kill the existing dinos

they're supposed to stop growback, from a totally cleaned system. if you want to rip clean that system live time right here, post pics and we can. your reef stands to benefit, any reef benefits from a waste export run.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back