Adding BTA to another BTA

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hi, I recently bought a BTA and it has settled into my tank nicely and has been there for a few weeks. I now want to bring another, slightly bigger anemone to my tank and want to place it very close to the other BTA so they "grow together" and look like one big anemone even though they will be two. Can I do this? Or is it better to put them separately in the tank?
First pic is the new BTA that I can buy and second pic is a pic of the BTA when I first put it in the tank but it has stayed in that spot. It is now more out and puffed up but that is where it is. Can I do this idea or are there any other suggestions for placement/getting clownfish to host. The anemone is in the right side of the tank which is where the clownfish have their territory so I want to add the second to that location too.

Thank you!

Attachment.jpg image.jpg

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although there is no scientific data to suggest it happens anecdotally if you add wild btas with aquaculture btas or greens and reds there have been enough instances of issues I would generally avoid it unless you have a dedicated nem tank and the proper filtration.
Adding additional aquaculture btas of the same color generally don't have issues.
I have 3 varieties of bta in my nem tank along with lta, rfa, haddonni, Mertens, borneman, and aptasia ;) I also have greens with my reds in the same connected system. But they are not in the same tank.
20221115_160224.jpg
20221115_160228.jpg
20221115_160230.jpg
20221115_160235.jpg

OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
So what are the downsides of doing this? I believe they are the same color but not totally sure.

OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Although there is no scientific data to suggest it happens anecdotally if you add wild btas with aquaculture btas or greens and reds there have been enough instances of issues I would generally avoid it unless you have a dedicated nem tank and the proper filtration.
Adding additional aquaculture btas of the same color generally don't have issues.
I have 3 varieties of bta in my nem tank along with lta, rfa, haddonni, Mertens, borneman, and aptasia ;) I also have greens with my reds in the same connected system. But they are not in the same tank.
20221115_160224.jpg
20221115_160228.jpg
20221115_160230.jpg
20221115_160235.jpg
They should be both aquacultured and just worrying about them stinging eachother or something like that.

OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Wherever you decide to place them to be honest is completely irrelevant because they will move where they want. Smaller BTAs getting crowded for light Will walk out from under the offending neighbor.

I have no issue in mixing them.
Yeah I know that just asking as the other one did not move at all

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 77 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back