Adding coral on live rock???

Henressy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I need help and advice??

I’m gonna start to collect more coral frags….but I have started off with a Xenia coral 1 inch branch that was for sale in random mix scraps at my local fish store

I put the Xenia beach in a frag on my frag rack and it bloomed like crazy in two days opened up like daisies!!! So excited to my surprise a little mushroom grow also on top of the Xenia frag!!!! So happy free coral just appeared out of no where !!!
I have tired to attach the little mushroom to frag plug but it keeps sliding away after a couple of hours in tank!!
I’m using the Seachem coral frag glue but I feel like it doesn’t hold well!!! I’m afraid to spoke the tank with the glue??
I would like some tips on how to add a coral to existing live rock in tank???
What’s a proper way to add coral to a part of the live rock in tank???
Thanks for help

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
Henressy

Henressy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with my mushroom. What I was told is that you need to let it attach to a small chunk of rock - then glue that piece of rock to the frag plug. Otherwise they just keep sliding off.
Yeah I placed it on a small live rock on a frag it’s sliding down but it’s still on rock crossing fingers

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushroom coral and zoas or palys that have slimed up don't really glue down. Lol.
U need to provide a small container like a mushroom cage that ppl are 3d printing and place it their with some small pieces of Rock. The mushroom coral will attach with its foot. Similar to an awesome and will move to the light side of the rock.
D

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushroom coral and zoas or palys that have slimed up don't really glue down. Lol.
U need to provide a small container like a mushroom cage that ppl are 3d printing and place it their with some small pieces of Rock. The mushroom coral will attach with its foot. Similar to an awesome and will move to the light side of the rock.
D
I have definitely glued leathers like devil's hand and mushrooms to frag rocks. Same with zoa's. The key is to use paper towels to soak up the slime good before attempting. The green devil's hand or whatever it's called definitely has more success with a rubber band but superglue is doable. Leather mushroom I just use superglue, same with zoa's

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back