Adding dry rock to established tank

MoreZoasPLZ

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
8
Location
Lincoln
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve recently upgraded tanks and transferred all my live rock (about 50-60lbs.) The problem now if the tank feels empty so I want to add some reef saver dry rock. I’m planning on adding another 20lbs. Do I need to cycle this outside of the tank before I add it or just give it a rinse and add it?
 
You can give a rinse and add it, but I would suggest in the sump/dark to start with to allow it to build up a biofilm to help stave off algae growth as it matures a bit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new