Adding fish on 9th day Dr Tim’s.

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m approaching Day 9 on the chart for cycling with Dr Tim’s. Everything is on track and where it’s supposed to be. How many fish is ok to add? I want to add a pair of clowns. Or should I stick to one fish?

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus did it in 7... Just sayin. Depends how big your tank is. General guidelines to follow is that at the beginning your bacteria is just getting started and may lag a bit behind as it grows to catch up to anomia being added. Clowns are pretty small though and if you have anything bigger than 10 gallons in my opinion your probably good to go. Then give it some time for things to catch up and stabilize before adding more. Good luck!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m approaching Day 9 on the chart for cycling with Dr Tim’s. Everything is on track and where it’s supposed to be. How many fish is ok to add? I want to add a pair of clowns. Or should I stick to one fish?
Tank size and filtration?

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
weird. I dumped a bottle in a 20 gallon and added 4 drops per directions and ammonia has been sky high ever since.

I added some prime today to give Dr tim the finger, and I'm going with biospira tomorrow. Never had this problem with Stability or Fritz.

OP
OP
kingjames_dc5

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
weird. I dumped a bottle in a 20 gallon and added 4 drops per directions and ammonia has been sky high ever since.

I added some prime today to give Dr tim the finger, and I'm going with biospira tomorrow. Never had this problem with Stability or Fritz.
Idk if this helps you or not but I have seen multiple direction pages on the internet for dr time many say add 4 drops but if you have an older bottle of ammonia it only calls for 1 drop. Check the bottles instructions. Also I added first defense before adding one and only. Plus the bottle of one and only was for up to 30 gallons I only have 13.5 I added the hole bottle as per instructions.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back