Adding fish to maroon clown only tank

kaminskiiii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 25 gallon lagoon mixed reef with 1 sole white lightning maroon clownfish (3” size) I’m not sure on his aggressiveness since I’ve had no other fish with him. How likely or rather unlikely will I be able to introduce another fish or 2 into my tank. I wouldn’t mind trying to make a pair of that’s my only option. But I know maroons are ruthless. What fish if any could I try I adding to my tank?

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse will stand up for themselves albeit by having lightning responses and then returning to the offender fish and charging at them and then retreating again in my experience and that's on a dwarf angelfish coral beauty if that is any help for you

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 25 gallon lagoon mixed reef with 1 sole white lightning maroon clownfish (3” size) I’m not sure on his aggressiveness since I’ve had no other fish with him. How likely or rather unlikely will I be able to introduce another fish or 2 into my tank. I wouldn’t mind trying to make a pair of that’s my only option. But I know maroons are ruthless. What fish if any could I try I adding to my tank?
No experience with maroons here other than the fact that my boss has tried twice and both times had to rehome them for being total jerks to his other fish (and this was a 1.5-2" single maroon)... Lightning maroons are gorgeous though! There is a channel on youtube called "Some Things Fishy" and the guys has extensive clownfish knowledge... he mentioned maroons will even be aggressive to other maroons, so I guess it could be worth using an acclimation box (like the ones that hang magnetically in the tank) for a few days for any new potential buddies, to see how your current one reacts.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back