Adding Fish to tank with Powder Brown

Patrick Cox

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
338
Reaction score
89
Location
Lexington, KY
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a ~150G display. (5x2x2)

In the tank I currently have the following...

Power Brown Tang
Bristletooth Tang
Fox Face
Clownfish Pair
Diamond Goby

I would like to add a few more fish. I am thinking about 2-3 flasher wrasse.

My question is, should I be worried about the PBT becoming aggressive? He was initially but then he finally settled in.

Thanks.
 
I really dont think the PBT care about wrasses as they dont have similar shape/size structure.
I would def do it if it was my tank.

Good luck.
 
Thanks. I didn't think so but I wanted to confirm. I will QT before adding. I have had a lot of difficulty getting a group of fish to do well so I want to keep that going.
 
Try using an isolation/quarantine box. I use one whenever I add any new fish after my Six-line decided to one day learn to use the fury of God against newcomers. Haven't had a problem with fish aggression since.
 
My powder blue is a complete psycho. Hes beautiful but pounds every fish but most specifically my orange shoulder tang that is 3 times his size. The mirror is almost a permenant fixture in my tank. Heres a video of said deranged maniac assaulting his own reflection vigorously.

 
Also he attacks any new addition regardless of fish type. My 4 stripe damsel was brutally beaten.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new