OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0893.jpeg
IMG_0894.jpeg
Pics are terrible, blues are on for the evening. Got him from my local petco. The aquatics manager is fantastic! His tanks are immaculate. All but one fish in my tank is from this particular petco.Little guy ate like a pig directly out of the bag! Mysis/ spirulina flake and picked at some pellets. On closer inspection there may or may not be one or two ich spots. Just in case I dropped my 24 watt GKM UV sterilizer into the tank. Will see how the spots look tomorrow if need be I’ll switch him to my coral qt tank. But, I’m confident that with him eating and being in the not neglected display tank, with acro worthy parameters, the spots will fade.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious to know how that works out. I don’t QT but I do buy only QTd fish.

I’m running H2O2 for a few more weeks and I have a 25w UV. With the UV, I’m tempted to get non QTd fish. Here and there

Have you had success with that method in the past?

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest this is probably a bit of a gamble. Fish was super energetic at the store and difficult to catch. Good signs. Ate with vigor immediately after introduction. Also great sign. Finally all the fish have been through the same holding tanks and more than likely exposed to the same pathogens. In theory they should be immune or at least resistant to things. We will see if this bites me hard. There is an interesting thread that I will link that may be worth a read.I’m pretty sure humblefish uses H2O2 as an ich management tactic.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home yesterday from work and of course first thing to be done before taking my kids trick or treating was to check in the angel! Beautiful color ate mysis like he was starving. Noticed maybe one or two new spots of potential ich. Let it be. Decided when we got home later that I can’t decide if a semi translucent spot on his side is a fluke or not. So I moved his breeder box to my 25 lagoon coral QT tank just to ease my mind a bit with the other fish in the display. I had some Ruby reef rally pro on hand so I dosed his tank just for good measure until I get home today to assess. Still looking like a good purchase so far!

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked in on my new favorite fish this evening after working a late call day. Seem to be fewer spots than yesterday. Fed with vigor. Doses day two of Ruby reef pro. I did it after lights off last night for the first time. Today the lights were on. Didn’t realized what a fun color it turns the water! Any way I’m still watching the singular translucent spot but there is no flashing or heavy breathing so maybe it’s a mark from shipping as opposed to flukes. We shall see. How tomorrow looks!

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sad day yesterday. Flame was looking amazing! Released him out in the tank Monday evening. Things were looking good. A little chasing but nothing major. Flame kind of hung out in the corner of the tank. Got home from work yesterday and the flame was stuck to the overflow. Got him back in the acclimation box, was breathing heavy but still swimming a bit. Think the stress was to great and he died last night. Super bummed. Don’t think I’ll give it another go with a flame until I upgrade to a larger tank in the next year or so.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back