Adding Frag/fuge to existing system

Foxchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as the title says, I want to get a small, 2-5g tank and set it up as either a frag tank or a display fuge.

What is the easiest, safest way to go about it? I currently have a 40B with a 20g sump.

Anyone here has done it and can walk me through how to go about it?

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think there are different ways to do it depending on your setup. you could buy a hang on fuge and just put it on the side of the tank or sump... you pipe your sump separately to the fuge (like you main tank) and let it over flow into your sump.. just check the water levels with all the power off so you know how much water to keep in your sump.. (there a 1/2 a dozen more ways).. just a few to start.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a 5g refugium to my new set up I just drilled the little tank with one overflow and one return and use a cobalt pump from the sump and put overflow back I sump super easy

OP
OP
Foxchase

Foxchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a 5g refugium to my new set up I just drilled the little tank with one overflow and one return and use a cobalt pump from the sump and put overflow back I sump super easy
If it only has one overflow? Would it just go full syphon and be loud or constantly changing water level?

Back