OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that looks pretty clean! I think what you suggested is good for now , an urchin would clean that back glass for ya
That back there is green coraline. It’s because I was raising my salinity during the initial growth of coraline and it started as green. Now most all of it is white. But I’ll consider an urchin for sure

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd hold off on algae eaters for now, your tank actually looks a little too clean for me to want to add algae eaters. Adding a conch plus a few nassarius would be a good idea to stir your sand a little, which should help with your sandbed cyano. Maybe a couple of cerith snails if you want to increase the supply of algae eaters a little.

I think a tuxedo urchin would be a fantastic addition eventually, but I'd hold off for now; I don't think your tank produces enough to keep it fed at the moment. I personally would recommend against a sand-sifting goby for your size of tank; if you do get one, get a Rainford's rather than one of the larger 'sleeper' gobies.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd hold off on algae eaters for now, your tank actually looks a little too clean for me to want to add algae eaters. Adding a conch plus a few nassarius would be a good idea to stir your sand a little, which should help with your sandbed cyano. Maybe a couple of cerith snails if you want to increase the supply of algae eaters a little.

I think a tuxedo urchin would be a fantastic addition eventually, but I'd hold off for now; I don't think your tank produces enough to keep it fed at the moment. I personally would recommend against a sand-sifting goby for your size of tank; if you do get one, get a Rainford's rather than one of the larger 'sleeper' gobies.
That sounds like a plan.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a nitrate problem. Parameters:
Nitrate: 0 (Salifert). Just won a Hanna Nitrate HR checker from r2r contest so we can verify that when it gets in
Phosphate: 0.08

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

But conch

I am just about to order a clean up crew. I have never had good experience with snails at all though but maybe nevr put in enough at a time. I am definitely ordering the conch! He is moving out pretty quick! My previous snaisl just sat in the same place for weeks on end! I have a turbot hat hasnt moved in weeks! I dont get it! I a lways heard they were algae machines!

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just about to order a clean up crew. I have never had good experience with snails at all though but maybe nevr put in enough at a time. I am definitely ordering the conch! He is moving out pretty quick! My previous snaisl just sat in the same place for weeks on end! I have a turbot hat hasnt moved in weeks! I dont get it! I a lways heard they were algae machines!
They are. Have you checked your salinity levels?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a snail hasn’t moved in weeks it’s most likely dead. Now they’ll sleep for a few days and as long as they’re in the shell, don’t smell like rotten eggs, and actively responded to you handling them by retracting, they’re alive

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back