Adding RBTA with clown

Ert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I purchased a new RBTA which i added to my tank which houses a Maroon clown. The clown went straight for it to host and the RBTA struggled to attach to the rock. After hours of fail attempts due to the clown, I decided to put a plastic housing encasing the anemone.

How long does it take for a RBTA to properly attach to the rock before a clown can host without detaching?

I'm going to leave the plastic housing overnight to let the RBTA to properly attach. Has anyone have a similar experience?

OP
OP
Ert

Ert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I was typing, somehow the clown got into the casing and I was able to trap him inside. I'm going keep him jailed up to allow the anemone to acclimate and properly attach to the rock

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your maroon beat me to it in advice on this one!
Hopefully the nem is at least 3-4x bigger than the maroon so it can handle the lovin.
It can attach fairly quickly, but new to tank it probably is going to move a little till it finds it's happy place, so probably not hard set just yet.

OP
OP
Ert

Ert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he's too big for this RBTA. The maroon is 2-3 inches and the nem is maybe 4 inches in diameter. What should I do? He's currently housed in a box so to allow the nem to grow and acclimate.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. If you could possibly move the clown maybe that would help? I got one and didn’t realize at the time that he was too small, the day after I added one of my clowns was bugging it and it perished by the next day :(

OP
OP
Ert

Ert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he's too big for this RBTA. The maroon is 2-3 inches and the nem is maybe 4 inches in diameter. What should I do? He's currently housed in a box so to allow the nem to grow and acclimate.
I luckily was able to catch the maroon and he's housed in a plastic container attached to the side of the aquarium. The RBTA is doing well and is acclimating nicely

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Squirting mysis a couple times a week towards nem will help it grow.
Maybe keep them separated for a bit

Back