Adding Sand

ThatFishman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
7
Location
My house
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have a 40 Gal cube tank that is about five months old now. I have Two clowns, a lawnmower blenny , a coral Beauty, and a Diamond goby. I had my sand at a good level all around the tank. Once the diamond entered the scene, it moved a whole lot of sand from the two left corners of the tank to create it's domain. I have another bag of live sand that I did not use for the initial set up and cycle of the tank. Would I be ok to just adding the additional bag of sand in? I saw a method using a two liter bottle filled with sand to place the sand where it is needed. Would I need to rinse the new sand before adding it to the tank?
 
Hello everyone. I have a 40 Gal cube tank that is about five months old now. I have Two clowns, a lawnmower blenny , a coral Beauty, and a Diamond goby. I had my sand at a good level all around the tank. Once the diamond entered the scene, it moved a whole lot of sand from the two left corners of the tank to create it's domain. I have another bag of live sand that I did not use for the initial set up and cycle of the tank. Would I be ok to just adding the additional bag of sand in? I saw a method using a two liter bottle filled with sand to place the sand where it is needed. Would I need to rinse the new sand before adding it to the tank?
no need to rinse it, but if you do rinse it with ro/di or fresh salt water first, it will reduce some initial cloudiness. The 2 liter bottle method is a good way to add the sand without overly clouding the water.
 
Hello everyone. I have a 40 Gal cube tank that is about five months old now. I have Two clowns, a lawnmower blenny , a coral Beauty, and a Diamond goby. I had my sand at a good level all around the tank. Once the diamond entered the scene, it moved a whole lot of sand from the two left corners of the tank to create its domain. I have another bag of live sand that I did not use for the initial set up and cycle of the tank. Would I be ok to just adding the additional bag of sand in? I saw a method using a two liter bottle filled with sand to place the sand where it is needed. Would I need to rinse the new sand before adding it to the tank?
I would rinse it just for the purpose of not clouding up your tank. Take a cup full of that sand and add water. Observe cloudiness. That’s what’s going to happen with the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new