Adding sand

SaltAddict89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
447
Reaction score
26
Location
Groton,CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wabt to add potentially dead sand to my bare bottom. How exactly can i do that without having to break everythibg down and not causing a cycle or a major disruption. The sand i have has been sitting in water for about 3 months now from an older tank.
 
Im not sure but i believe if ya RINSE alot and then some more it should be ok. I have not had alot of luck recycling sand so i just get new. not worth the risk to me.
 
I would add new sand. It is not worth taking chances with old sand. Rinse the new sand well with ro water and add to tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new