Adding Shipped Fish

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shipment of 4 yellow tangs about 5 weeks ago came in at 1.018. They are doing just fine. Meds are finished and just another couple weeks of observation before their move to the DT.

82303843-0F7A-4BE6-9D81-087FEEB015F9.jpeg A123284C-9466-4162-A1ED-7E68CF9E4BB1.jpeg

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you shared that you’re getting fish from Live Aquaria I would do exactly as their shipping / acclimation directions suggest. It’s very simple and given the 14 day warranty I’m inclined to do as they ask.

I also think it’s worth having a QT. Event though they quarantine for two weeks, they still recommend quarantine for 2-4 weeks.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you shared that you’re getting fish from Live Aquaria I would do exactly as their shipping / acclimation directions suggest. It’s very simple and given the 14 day warranty I’m inclined to do as they ask.

I also think it’s worth having a QT. Event though they quarantine for two weeks, they still recommend quarantine for 2-4 weeks.

LiveAquaria does not quarantine their fish.

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Im really not too worried. He seemed actually extremely healthy and active, even when he was in the bag when I opened the box. Was surprised. Inspected him and he has no spots or damage at all, and was swimming around exploring the tank all night last night.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's troubling. For some reason I was led to believe that they quarantine up to 14 days before offering for sale / shipment. How do you know that they don't quarantine?

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's troubling. For some reason I was led to believe that they quarantine up to 14 days before offering for sale / shipment. How do you know that they don't quarantine?

This is off their site:

"State-of-the-art Quarantine System
Once properly acclimated, new fish are then housed and maintained in our special quarantine system. To provide superior filtration and water quality, our quarantine system employs an independent filtration system with biological filtration, UV sterilization, ozone, and a large foam fractionator (protein skimmer). Unlike conventional glass quarantine aquariums, our advanced system is made up of compartmentalized acrylic cubes and tanks so fish can be separated based on size and temperament to reduce aggression and stress. "

If what they list on their site is accurate and true, they have a pretty extensive cleaning and QT system.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria fish are direct shipped from wholesalers. The only ones that are kept in house are the Diver's Den section, but I have receive sick fish from both.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm interesting.

If you haven't toured their Wisconsin facility, it is definitely worth checking out. Everyone is very friendly and they show you exactly how they do things. There are some very knowledgeable people there, and others just need a job :). But yes the LiveAquaria section is direct shipped from the wholesaler. The Diver's Den fish are kept in house, but none are prophetically medicated.

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back