Adding sump to AIO?

Webbler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone added a sump to their AIO tanks? If so, how did you find worked best and most importantly are there any problems that you encountered doing so?

I have 100g - internal compartment takes up enough room in the tank to make the footprint a nuisance and limiting, yet has no room for equipment.

The obvious answer here is ditch the tank and acquire another. I’ve other tanks that suit my tastes/needs better but this particular tank is irreplaceable and has a lot of sentimental value. A concern is running multiple pumps (failure/unintended fluctuations) and would like thoughts or others experience before going forward with it.
Thanks in advance.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

any help?

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My E260 is a tank that was designed to be ran either way. At the bottom of the sump wall are bulk heads that have a removable bulk head plug. It works well but it does not get your more display tank size as you donot remove the back sump, it’s additive to your sub-level sump. My tank is 70g but about 13g is the old sump, + 15g for the sub sump. So about 55g display with a 28g sump. So assuming you have enough room ans drillable bottom pane of glass you would drill your holes in the lowest point of that AIO chamber where a return pump typically sits.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back