Adding t5s to LEDs - photoperiod

  • Thread starter Thread starter FF337
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FF337

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
205
Reaction score
49
Location
Augusta, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my LEDs from 9a to 9p blues and whites. I want to add t5s for color pop. How long are people running their t5s to supplement their led only fixtures?

I am adding four t5s with reflectors. Two in front of my led fixtures ati coral plus and blue plus and two of the same behind.
 
I JUST combined my LED fixture with my old T5 fixture. Today I will keep an eye on things, but I have the LEDS at 10% color and 100% intensity for 8 hours of the day.
 
Nice. Keep me updated if you will.

So far all the corals are the same, I'm hoping in a month or so my lobo returns to color *thread in sig shows before and after*

I loved the LED/kessil look but then after a couple weeks I was a bit tired of the shaded areas or lack of solid light. As I stated before I'm pretty much using the LEDs as a source for blue light now *expensive, but I already had it bought as the primary source* The T5's really over power the light and leave about a 25% shimmer which is nice. I have a coral plus in the mail which I will either replace the aquablue or one of the blue+ with.

I find it strange I'm using a Kessil 360 and 4 bulb T5HO on a 24x24x20 LPS ONLY tank.
 
I'm using two 24x t5's (ATI blue+) with two hydra 52's over a 150DD. My 52's ramp from 7a-8p and my T5's run from 830-630.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new