Adding trace elements to automated AWC tank

paticus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon waterbox reef tank, with two 5 gallon ATO and AWC tanks automated with Hydros Controller. Since the AWC is controlled with a daily schedule with a precise water change, can I add additives to the AWC tank and use the daily water change to add incremental elements into the tank?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon waterbox reef tank, with two 5 gallon ATO and AWC tanks automated with Hydros Controller. Since the AWC is controlled with a daily schedule with a precise water change, can I add additives to the AWC tank and use the daily water change to add incremental elements into the tank?
I believe as long as it’s diluted enough, yes

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to be setting up dosing, it needs to be based on consumption by the organisms in the tank and not the evaporation rate of the tank.

This makes your dosing vary from season to season, from Days when the windows are open, to days when the heater runs, to days you turn a fan on in the room.

Your dosing additives which aren't being used by water evaporating, and now you're just accumulating additivies in the tank and building them up.

Dave B

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back