Adding Zoanthids to a sps dominated Radion lit tank

snipertwobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a sps dominated tank. with a ricordea garden. and wonder what are any restrictions i could face adding zoa's to my tank. i run my radions at 70% 14 inches above my tank, no i don't have a par meter but i am not burning anything. i have heard placing them in the indirect light would be best? but i am looking to get some corals to fill in the void areas where growing sps becomes problematic. lower light and less color. if i can fill these areas my tank will feel more complete. thanks in advance for any information provided.

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shouldn't have any problem with most ZOA place in the tank I've seen plenty tanks with zoas up high all tho they can over run and kill the acros so not the best idea but possible why not encrusting montis for filler?

OP
OP
snipertwobe

snipertwobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Jedi mind trick, rainbow encrusting, aquaman, superman, undata, leng sy cap, reeftech starburst cap, forest fire , tyree mystic sunset ,pokerstars , ora purple digi, spongnodes, grinch or seasons greetings, blue polyp cap,sunset montipora, LE.pink sand dollar. is my monti list that i have i think i am missing a few. i also have pasamacora 3 varieties ,blue green sympodium 3 varieties of birdsnest, and a dozen or so acros a few milli's and clams on the sand bed. also having an orange torch green branching hammer and branching frogspawn...looking for the softer side of things.[/FONT]

OP
OP
snipertwobe

snipertwobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry. i also have a 5 varieties of blastomussa wellis , leposatra, purple plate coral, 3 diffrent acans. i guess i am just looking for the full mixed reef..

OP
OP
snipertwobe

snipertwobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What types or which ZOA's will give be the best R.O.I. color and growth compared to desirability?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back