Adjust feeding as switch to PE Mysis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MNscoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MNscoe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
110
Reaction score
48
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per advice here and elsewhere, I bought my first PE Mysis at 70% protein. Previously used “normal” frozen Mysis or brine at roughly 7% protein. And alternate with occasional pellets or flakes. (Two clowns, yellow wrasse, BT tang).

Should I reduce the amount I feed given the 10X higher protein content? Or make other adjustments?
Thanks!
 
I wouldn't make any adjustments to the amount of PE Mysis you are feeding compared to previous amounts of frozen mysis fed.
Agreed. I would feed the same amount and monitor water parameters. The fish will appreciate the higher quality food!
 
I feed as much as my fish will eat in a few minutes. I do this several times a day but have never measured how much food I'm adding. PE mysis has been a staple in my fish diet for years and fish have done well with my oldest being almost 10 years now.
There is a shortage of it now but I'm not sure why. I buy the large flat packs and all I can find locally are little 8 oz flats.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new