Advanced Acrylics - What's Going On?

I first went directly, paid in full , he never delivered, took months to get my money back. I then went to a LFS who ordered from AA and I got the sump within a week.
Seems AA sent the original sump you ordered to your LFS, lol. I am leery to give the guy a shot from these stories on R2R. John keeps shortening his time frame and telling me he can start today, etc. My guess is that I put down the 65% requested and I don't see anything for months instead of 5 weeks.
 
Seems AA sent the original sump you ordered to your LFS, lol. I am leery to give the guy a shot from these stories on R2R. John keeps shortening his time frame and telling me he can start today, etc. My guess is that I put down the 65% requested and I don't see anything for months instead of 5 weeks.
This was years ago. My LFS has a long standing relationship with john, thats how he was able to get it so quickly.
 
I would agree that this is probably the case as once he started working on mine for real it took probably a month but it was a large 84" sump. Likely depends on complexity as well. Doubt he could produce it in a week with dry time welding and leak checking ect unless he was on it full time. I don't think he is a bad guy, just no concept of delivering timeliness. Would be better for him to quote 6months and deliver in 4 honestly.
 
Im sure that helps. I felt low priority based in no relationship leverage or ability to reverse payment
For sure. One thing to note, I think it also has to do with how customized it is. I just ended going with his basic design through the LFS. I also on a separate occasion got a custom pvc ATO from AA through my LFS and got it within a week also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new