Adventure or my geriatric wrasee

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey I just wanted to share a recent, slightly nutty episode with my old buddy, the Yellow Coris. He is getting on now going on seven this year so he has been with me a while.

So, get this - in his golden years, it seems Mr wrasse developed a bit of a... let's call it "selective memory". Lately, I have to sneak up to the tank like I'm in a spy movie, because if I startle him, it's like watching a live-action fish version of 'Mission Impossible'.

The other day, I must've been extra sneaky because he zoomed out of the water, bonked into the lid with a crash and a bang, and then... poof vanished! I was a mix of worried and amazed. Searched high and low, even played a waiting game by the tank hoping he'd reappear. No luck.

But hey, plot twist - two days later after re checking and waiting for him to appear, there he was, swimming around like nothing happened! I swear, the experience has turned him into a Zen master - he's way calmer now, even with the other fish even my coral beauty who loves to chase him he's like meh whatever.

Moral of the story: Even a seasoned reefer can get schooled by their fish. Always expect the unexpected and maybe invest in a less escapable tank lid.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 100 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back