Copperband Butterfly Fish Stressed

whitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, we have recently acquired a Copperband Butterfly. He was doing great in the LFS, but once added to our tank, has presumed this hyperstressed state. Initially, he was temperature acclimated for about an hour, and then drip acclimated. Once added to the display, he was met with some slight aggression from our yellow tang, nothing serious. Eventually, he retreated to the upper corner of the display, looking and acting the same as he does in the attached video. He was added along with a melanarus wrasse which is doing great. Tank is 84x25x25. After spending the night continuing to stay at the top of the water in this state, I moved him to the sump where things are darker and calmer, which is where this video was filmed. What could be wrong here?

Attachments

• IMG_4219.mov
    24.2 MB

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBB can be tricky. It needs lots of live rock, established live rock to pick at. You might try whole clams, oysters and mussels. My experience tells me to forget about prepared food like pellets and flakes.
As far as I can tell, the fish looks good. You need to get it to eat. Live white worms is a good choice.

Nice thing about whole shellfish is you can drop it in and the fish has access all day. If it won't eat take it out in the evening and try another shellfish the next morning. Good luck.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back