Butterfly’s are nice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Subsea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think I currently have fourteen (14) assorted Butterfly fish. (A big switch-over from Tangs, Triggers, large aggressive Wrasse and big Angels.)
 
I guess the only downside is that most butterflies aren't reef safe and I've always found FOWLRs a bit boring to look at.

That said, my longnose has been a model citizen so far...well, almost. During his first week he tasted nearly everything. He especially loved my sun coral and red acan, but I think he's gotten bored now that he's realized I feed the tank at least 4 times a day. I haven't seen him seriously nip at anything lately, although I probably won't get any more acans in the future lol.

Once I upgrade to a larger tank, I'd also love to get a true H. diphreutes (easier said than done!) and CBB, as both should be fairly reef safe too.

1785215622219.png
 
I had felt the same way previously . Always stayed away because of the obligate corallivore designation . Always thought , I don’t have coral so how can I keep them alive . Saw a pair of exquisite CBB in a lfs . Didn’t purchase but vowed to myself that I would learn all about them . Thanks to all of the reefers posts here on R2R . I then realized the feeding issues so instead I looked at other species of butterflies at LFS , picked out those that were eating and tried them first . Now I love what I bought and looking to expand one of them in my tank . I fell in love with the red collar Pakistani . I dont know if I ever will get a CBB . I now know how to entice them to eat . Worms !!!! So if I ever decide on CBB , I already have experience with other butterflies . And get ready with a batch of live worms . I just wish I had marine worms to propagate and use as feed instead of terrestrial worms
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new