OP
OP
Steve Jones

Steve Jones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, day 12 and he seems to be doing OK. I'm guessing the acclimation process went OK as I would have expected him to die by now if I'd botched that.

He'll stay in one spot for 12-18 hour then move some, then stay put again. He's spent all the time I've seen him on the vertical tank surfaces - mainly the glass. Always up at the waterline. In that location, I haven't been able to supplement him with any "meaty" foods so I am hoping he is finding enough to eat there. I am just going to have to trust nature that if he can't find food there he is going to move down to the sand and rock where there is more. If he gets on a horizontal surface, I can put some food out for him as well.

OP
OP
Steve Jones

Steve Jones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time since I've had the star that I've seen him on the LR.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1469231354.588043.jpg

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? How is it doing? Really interested in adding color to my tank. Thanks for any information you can give.

Shelley

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that's beautiful. These monilis fromias can be especially delicate, you are very fortunate and/or skilled that yours is doing well.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Steve Jones, is your tile star still ok?

I finally managed to pick up two beautiful specimens just a few weeks ago. Time after time over the last several months, I'd order them from LiveAquaria when they'd briefly come into stock, only to have them not included when the order actually arrived. The last time I complained fairly loudly about it and whaddaya know, 3 days later 2 of the most beautiful tiles stars I've seen arrived at my door. I don't usually like being the squeaky wheel but in this case I believe it was warranted. Acclimated them for 3 hours and so far they're doing great!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back