Advice for Birdsnest Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter nato
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nato

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've got a small birds nest coral i bought a few months ago from the LFS.
I believe it started to bleach when i had an ammonia spike not long after I got it. I believe it is recovering.
However, in the last week or two I've notice some green algae start to grow on the white parts of the branches.

Should I cut the good branches off and frag it?
Should I dip it in diluted hydrogen peroxide?
Will the coral polyps 'grow over' the algae?
Can i scrub it with a soft toothbrush?

I appreciate your help. Thank you.


PS. yes, it is leaving over. It got bumped and I haven't glued it back.

20211119_191735.jpg
 
Assure your essentials : alk-mag-ca are in range
Moderate light and water flow and salinity 1.025 and temperature 77-79
If truly dead- cut off dead skeleton
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new