ADVICE is this live rock healthy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dephase
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dephase

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
St.Petersburg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image1.jpg
image2.JPG
image3.JPG


Are these live rock healthy? Should i buy them? If there is just algae on them, can i take them out?

The seller is literally giving them away for free....
 
I would not buy those. They are riddled with bubble algae. Let me rephrase.... That is the opposite of anything I would ever put into my tank. You need to turn and run... Run as fast as you can
 
Last edited:
I would not buy those. They are riddled with bubble algae. Let me rephrase.... That is the opposite of anything I would ever put into my tank


I understand, but im not buying them, he is wanting to get out of the hobby. I have a UV light, and will wash them out before putting them in my tank, which doesn't even have anything in it, just salt water.
 
Ok well if he is going to give you the rock then I would give it a good acid bath and let it dry for a couple months in the sun. You don't want to mess with that algae man if you can avoid it.
 
Bubble algae is near impossible to get rid of. It is not really harmful but it is really unsightly. Not only does that rock have green bubble algae, it also looks like it has red bubble algae which is even worse... Dry rock costs around 3.99 a #. If he gives it to you and you acid bath it then it will be worth keeping. my .02
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new