Advice needed on aquarium refurbishing/building

fishatemycat

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Trinidad and Tobago
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I bought two 48"x18"x18" rimless aquariums at quarter the price a new one costs with the only thing needing to be done is to replace the base glass that's been cracked.

I'm struggling to take the frames apart because in every corner there has been 1/2" glass strips siliconed into all interior edges.

My question is how important are all these strips when assembling the aquarium which has been built with 1/4" glass and has an 11" center brace? Can I do without all the extra glass strips and just get away with using just the center brace?
 
Many tanks now have corner bracing for additional support, so I'm assuming what these are. My 71" tank with 3/4" glass has corner braces as well.

I presume they were put there for a reason. You could always re-silicone them again after, no?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new