Advice needed

BaileysTank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
168
Reaction score
42
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so pretty much about 9 months ago I left for college and had my dad watching my tank. During that time, the GSP coral I had grew from its island over onto the main rockwork (I know, I know, everyone warned me, but I didn’t listen).

I’m now trying to determine the best course of action. My current idea is to remove the affected rock structure and place it in the sun, normal saltwater, or something else that would simply kill the GSP.After it dies I’d wash off the structure and place it back into the tank. I know this would likely cause a small cycle in the tank due to the die-off, but I really think this might be my best option.

I’m wondering if anyone has done this before or if anyone has a different idea.

Thanks for the help!
 
Could you just remove the GSP using a Razer Blade, no? Be easier than removing the entire rockwork
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new