Advice Needed

79chopperdr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for feedback. I need to have some cabinets painted in the same room as my SPS tank. Oil based lacquer will be used, what precautions would be recommended? thanks!

Will2287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've personally never done it but a friend of mine have and he just covered the aquarium so that it wasn't exposed to any chemicals. And make sure you have a window open so you can get some fresh air in the room you should be fine like I said a friend of mine done it successfully

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I'm painting around one of my tanks I make sure top is covered as well as stand and then I run an air hose out side via window. On my tank that has permanent outside air I just cover the tank.

Will2287

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes those sound like great ideas and also when you're done with the paining still leave the window open to allow it to air out just be very cautious you know

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember that as the paint dries fumes can still be emitted for several hours or even a couple of days after your human nose may no longer smell them. Proper ventilation is key. If it's too cold to keep the window open, consider using a fan to blow air out of the room and into the rest of the house to dilute the concentration in the tank's room.

OP
OP

79chopperdr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on tenting it, skimmer off and a fresh load of carbon. I also run an outside air pump. Just curious if there's anything I'm over looking. Thanks guys!

Back