Building a fish tank mechanical room

ILikeWaffles

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for advice/suggestions. Building out a mechanical room the space I have is 8’x6’. The display tank is directly above the mechanical room about 12-15’ of head I’ll need to cover with the pump.

I have never built out a mechanical room looking for advice on what equipment people have or wish they had in theirs.

Thanks in advance.
 
I don't have one but you're gonna want a floor drain from some of the horror stories I've heard.
 
Dry erase board to track maintenance.
20260715_110930_27606A8D-BCCF-45D1-9C05-7B1FFF3AB51F.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new