Advice on Controllers and Monitors

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

So i currently have a 55 gallon reef tank with a few fish and no corals.

i am running
2 RedSea Led 90
2 Reefwave 45
2 RedSea Dosers
bubble Magus Curve 5 skimmer
syncra SDC 6.0 return pump

due to an ongoing health issue i sometimes struggle with my hands so i am looking at options for testing and monitoring water conditions. All my equipment can be run off phone apps so further integration would be nice but not necessary.
Just not sure what brand would be best for me as a stand alone monitoring unit or if something is compatable with my dosers to maybe auto dose.

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction

sorry need to add would like to start adding softies and LPS/SPS corals in the near future

Thanks

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is an Apex system would probably be best for consolating all your equipment with just one app. Not sure about testing all the water parameters. I don't see Hanna testers being any less hand and coordination dependant than any of the colormetric tests. Probably getting with some local reefers and trying out the different testing and moitoring otpions might help you figure out the easiest to use. At the professional laboratory level there might be tedting equipment easier tto use but my guess it's going to be a lot more expensive.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above, Neptune Apex and Trident may be of use, but it’s going to be expensive

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an Apex owner, I know a lot of non-Apex ppl worry about the price

I'm a hobbyist since 2004 and my Apex is the single BEST thing I've ever purchased. More than lights, more than any other piece of equipment

If my Apex went up in smoke tmrw, I'd buy another one almost immediately

Each year we go to Destin FL for 15 days. I have my whole setup to run my tank thru my Apex

From 750 miles away I'm able thru the Apex app on my phone, feed the fish, fill my ATO.... monitor equipment, pH, temp... run all schedules.

I also use about 4 Wyze cameras to provide me full view of the DT and sump and equipment.

If something doesn't look right via Apex or Wyze, I call a family member to go over and have a phone conference to fix the issue.

In 6 years of doing the Destin getaway, only had to have someone go over once. And it was minor

HTH

Last edited:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While more money, I'd go Hydros with an Alkatronic and Mastertronic. Test way more and have a much better system

OP
OP
Mattgee

Mattgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the Hydros system doesn’t yet seem to be available in the UK

Back