Advice on IM Nuvo 15 Additional Equipment, What to put in filter media basket?

Amber.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have two newly setup IM Nuvo 15 aquariums and I am in love. They are both currently running stock return pumps, I believe they are around 130~ gallons an hour. I have added on the tank lids, and one has a freshwater Ai Prime, the other will have an AI Prime reef.

I recently purchased the filter media baskets for both of them. I’m currently running what they came with which was Cottonballs, GFO and rox carbon. I was recommended to put poly filter in them both since I run tap water.

What additional purchases should I look into getting for these two tanks?

One is going to be a green mantis tank, and the other a pistol shrimp and small goby tank. Macros in the mantis tank and softies and lps in the pistol shrimp tank.

For the filter media and the baskets, should I be using the cotton balls, gfo and activated carbon? On top of Polyfilter? Should I swap, drop, or add anything additional to the three little chambers? (I don’t have a clue about what I’m doing.)

One additional question I just saw - it states refugium ready - what does that mean?

Thank you!

-Amber

43BD0496-2204-4C88-BD02-0D1FFB490830.jpeg

3C5CBE8D-9D04-4BA1-8EE4-3DF2A513C332.jpeg

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Sicce nano to mine to increase circulation. I also put ceramic bio media in instead of those other products. I wouldn’t use those packs while you are cycling but hopefully someone with more experience will confirm.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 6.3%
Back