Filter Floss in IM Media Basket

CayoHueso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm going to run to Filter Floss in the IM Media Basket in my IM Fusion, do I just cut a square pad of filter floss to size and lay it down in the top compartment of the media basket? Or do I need a cup or some kind of container? The Fusion comes with the Media Basket and that comes with fiber balls and they seem to just sit in the top compartment. Also any recommendations for Filter Floss? I've seen lots of recommendations for Pinky Filters. Do I need to pre rinse the filter floss? I pre rinsed the filter socks before using them. Thanks!

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I‘m not sure about those pads, others may know more. I just use PolyFil from Walmart, this is the same material as aquarium filter floss, but cheaper. I do not rinse it and I just pack some of it in the media basket at the top or the first “stage’ of your filter. Again, others may have better advice.

PolyFil

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I just cut a square and put it in the top of the basket. No need to pre-rinse or anything. Pretty much any filter floss will work but I like the ones inTank sells.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back