Advice on moving Yuma

silly_blenny

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2023
Messages
30
Reaction score
40
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yuma that decided to move and leave a couple of babies behind. I'd like to relocate them if possible, but I'm not sure how to go about removing them safely. They're on the main rockwork below an overhang right at the bottom of the tank, so it seems like it would be challenging to try to get anything under them. Any tips on how to move them? Is my best bet just to blast them with flow to see if they release naturally?

IMG_6097.jpeg
 
You run the risk of damaging them, but I usually try to remove an edge of the foot with a fingernail or a toothpick. Once you get a bit unattached you can usually slowly peel them off the rock like a sticker.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new