Advice on Used Red Sea 250

katonge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting back into this after many years absence. MANY years! One of my LPS will have a used Red Sea 250 with cabinet, sump & lights available as a trade in next week for $800. Also includes sand and rock. He thinks it’s about 2 years old. A customer of his is trading it in on a bigger Waterbox. So my question is - is this a good deal and what questions should I ask and what should I look out for?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting back into this after many years absence. MANY years! One of my LPS will have a used Red Sea 250 with cabinet, sump & lights available as a trade in next week for $800. Also includes sand and rock. He thinks it’s about 2 years old. A customer of his is trading it in on a bigger Waterbox. So my question is - is this a good deal and what questions should I ask and what should I look out for?

Sounds like a bargain, i would leak test first and make sure the leds work before finalizing the sale.

The tank alone brand new is far more than this and you are getting lights and rock thrown in.

OP
OP
katonge

katonge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’m hoping he saved the instructions for setup as well. Or maybe they’re available online?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If not there are so many users of them on here that someone will be able to help you out.

Also scott and his team from red sea are very good at answering questions via email.

Edo Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would also examine the cabinet to make sure it’s sturdy and not too damaged...poor sump maintenance and sloppy water changes can really damage the cabinet...

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back