Advice on what to do next

kyles23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having some trouble figuring out where to go from here. We have had three fish die within the last couple weeks from what I think is ich? A dwarf lion, royal gamma & a clown. I will attach pictures of the dwarf lion which passed this morning. I would like to make sure it is gone from the tank before moving forward so I plan on doing the 72 day fallow period. The tank is a little over 3 months old. Prior to these last three fish there were others that did fine & have since been moved to a different tank and are thriving.
There is coral in the tank & a small clean up crew.

Will the clean up crew & coral be fine to leave in the tank during the fallow period?
Do I just ghost feed to keep bacteria alive?
Is this actually ich?

Thanks for all opinions & advice!

IMG_3108.jpeg IMG_3110.jpeg

CDubz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed what the clean up crew can eat and supplement corals with nitrate/phosphate additives and/or foods like reef roofs, aminos, oyster feast etc. Keep nutrients from bottoming out and manually clean algae or add more inverts. You’d rather invert poop and additives/coral food in the water column then have excess food decomposing…

CDubz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn’t answer your other question. Keep all inverts and coral in that tank. They have to go fallow too…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back